I got this recipe from allrecipes.com. I changed some things here and there.
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken meat
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Cook lasagna noodles in pot for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove noodles and rinse with cold water. It helps to have a large pan set up to put the cooked lasagna noodles on because you can only cook a couple at a time.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic in the butter until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in the flour and salt, and simmer until bubbly. Mix in the broth and milk, and boil, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Stir in 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Season with the basil, oregano, and ground black pepper. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Spread 1/3 of the sauce mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer with 1/3 of the noodles, the ricotta, and the chicken. Arrange 1/3 of the noodles over the chicken, and layer with 1/3 of the sauce mixture, spinach, and the remaining 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Arrange remaining noodles over cheese, and spread remaining sauce evenly over noodles. Sprinkle with parsley and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- bake 35-40 minutes
If you have frozen garlic bread you can just make that.
If you don't you can make some at home.
All you need is:
- White toast
- Dried parsley
- Powdered garlic
Spread some butter on the toast. Then sprinkle the dried parsley, powdered garlic, and salt on it. Cook in oven for about 5-10 minutes.
And as usual enjoy your meal!