This is my first try at turkey! I looked up a bunch of different recipes and combined the stuff I liked.
- 1 cinnamon stick
-1 cup olive oil
-2 tsp. thyme
-1 tsp. rosemarry
-2 tsp. salt
-2 tsp. pepper
-2 tsp. basil
-2 tsp. sage
-2 tsp. ginger
-3 cloves garlic
- Clean out cavity.
- Rinse turkey with cold water and salt until water is clear.
- Preheat oven 375F.
- Mix thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper, basil, sage, ginger, garlic, and olive oil in bowl.
- Apply mixture to turkey. Try to get some of it under the skin.
- Place cinnamon in cavity.
- Place turkey in roast pot breast side down.
- Add 2 cups water.
- Cook for 2 hours covered.
- Cook for an additional 2 hours uncovered.
Allrecipes.com says cook: until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the thigh measures 180 degrees F (82 degrees C).
Let stand for around 30 minutes.
Then carve and eat!