So I found I love cheesecake. I also love making it. This weekend I made some cheesecake with a chocolate twist. I got the recipe from one of my cook books.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups semi-sweet mini-chocolate chips, divided
- 1 extra serving-size packaged graham cracker crumb crust (9 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream.
- Pre-heat oven to 450F.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in 1 2/3 cups small chocolate chips.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake for ten minutes. Do not open the door.
- REduce temperature to 250F. Bake for an additional 30 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven and allow to completely cool.
- Cover, and refrigerate until chilled.
- Place remaining 1/3 cup chocolate chips and whipping cream ina microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at HIGH 20-30 seconds or until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when sitrred.
- Allow to cool slightly and then spread over top of the cheesecake.
- Refrigerate to allow topping to set.