So usually my favorite recipes are the ones I come up with when I have something extra leftover from another recipe. This time I had leftover heavy whipping cream so I made some shrimp alfredo.
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbps. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp. cream cheese
- 1 tsp. parsley flakes
- Cooked pasta
- Cooked shrimp
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add cream. Make sure to stir a lot.
- Add garlic powder, black pepper, and basil.
- Add cheese.
- Stir mixture until melted. (if you are not using fresh grated cheese it wont be creamy, but it still tastes good!)
- Remove some of mixture and place in bowl. Add egg yolk and stir.
- Add yolk mixture to cheese and cream mixture.
- Add cream cheese.
- Stir until smooth.
- Simmer over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add parsley flakes.
- If sauce is too salty for your taste, add some milk.
- In big bowl add sauce, pasta, and shrimp.