I am a very picky person when it comes to breakfast. Cereal? Not the biggest fan. Warm and salty potatoes? Love them.
I found a recipe online, but then changed a bunch of stuff.
- 3 medium Russet potatoes
- 1.5 tsp all-purpose seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Any additional seasonings you want.
- Onions (optional)
The above spice measurements are estimates. It is all dependent on your own taste.
- Wash potatoes.
- Cut up potatoes into small cubes. (as seen above)
- Boil potatoes for 20-25 minutes, or until softened. They need to be soft, but not soft enough that they are mashed potatoes.
- Remove from heat and place in a colander.
- Add spices and toss gently.
- Heat up some butter or oil in a skillet.
- At this point, if you want to have onions, saute the onions.
- Add potatoes and saute for around 5 minutes or until golden. Be very gently when flipping over the potatoes.
- When golden take off heat and enjoyyyy.
The picture below is a breakfast we had at home a few weeks back. We had the potatoes, vegetables, foul (fava beans), labne (strained yogurt). and hummus.
Would anyone want to see the recipe for foul?
Leave me a comment if you do!