When you are in the mood for something sweet, but want something slightly on the healthy side oatmeal raisin cookies are the best way to go. I got this recipe from the oats box. I did halved the recipe because I didn't want to make too many cookies.
- 4 oz butter (1 stick)
- 5/8 cup brown sugar
- 3/8 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract (or lemon juice if you dont have vanilla extract)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 cups raisins
- 1.5 cups quick oats
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Beat butter, sugars, and vanilla until creamy. (Side note: the cookies will be softer if you take out the butter ahead of time).
- Add in remaining ingredients until well blended.
- Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes. Again, this allows for the cookies to be soft and chewy.
- Form dough into 2-inch balls. Place on greased pan or cookie sheet.
- Bake 16-18 minutes or until edges are golden.
Also, if you don't want to make raisin cookies you can substitute with other ingredients. Just don't add the cinnamon and the raisins. Just make sure you add roughly around two cups.
-White chocolate chips and dried cranberries
-Nothing :-) Just an oatmeal cookie
<- cookies will also hold their form better if you allow them to cool.
Once cookies are slightly cooled, eat and enjoy :-)