As you may have noticed I have been on a cookie baking binge. I adapted the recipe found here.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky, depending on your taste)
- 1/2 cup butter,softened (take it out ahead of time, DON'T melt it in the microwave)
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Heat oven to 375F
- Mix sugars, peanut butter, butter, and egg in large bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and flatten with fork.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes or until light golden brown.
Just a note! There is a great way to control spreading of your cookies. The firmer the cookie, the less they will spread. A good way to keep a dough firm is by refrigerating the dough.
There is actually a lot more factors that go into this: type and amount of fat, type and amount of flour, and type and amount of liquid.