So I am not a huge fan coconut, but I had a bag of coconut flakes and this was the first idea to come to mind of what to make. I got this recipe from one of my cookbooks.
- 1 package (14 ounces) coconut flakes
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp. flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1 trsp. almond extract
- Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat oven to 325F.
- Mix coconut flakes, sugar, flour, and salt in bowl.
- Stir in egg whites and almond extract.
- Drop by the teaspoonfuls onto greased pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until edges of cookies are golden brown.
- Place on wire racks.
- Once completely cooled dip halfway into melted chocolate.
- Let stand until chocolate is firm.