I got this recipe from a friend's mom. It is a really nice vegetarian dish.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 29 oz can of chickpeas
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. coriander powder
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- Crushed red peppers (as much as you want depending on how spicy you want it)
- Heat oil in pan.
- Cook onions until brown.
- Add garlic, tomato, and spices.
- Allow mixture to simmer until it becomes a brown color.
- Add water if mixture becomes dry.
- Add chickpeas.
- Allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes, adding water as needed.
- The dish is finished once the chickpeas become soft.