- 6 chicken breasts, cubed
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 tsp. garlic, crushed
- 4 tsp. powdered ginger (3 tsp. fresh)
- 1.5 tsp. tumeric powder
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 6 tbsp. crushed almonds
- 3 cups tomatoes peeled
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 3 tbsp. yogurt
- 2 tbsp. fresh coriander
- Wash chicken, remove excess fat.
- Cube chicken. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- In order to be able to peel tomatoes place in water and boil. Once the tomato begins to crack remove from heat. Wait until the tomatoes cool, then chop them.
- Heat vegetable oil. Add chicken. Cook until golden-brown. Remove chicken and place in bowl.
- Using the same pan add vegetable oil and heat.
- Add onions and cinnamon.
- In separate bowl mix garlic, ginger, turmeric powder, red pepper flakes, crushed almonds, tomatoes, tomato paste, yogurt.
- Add the above mix to the pan with the onions and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Bring ingredients to a boil. Allow to simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Blend mixture in blender. Add milk if too solid.
- Place mixture in pot and add chicken.
- Allow to simmer for 5-7 minutes. Add coriander to mixture.
I got the recipe from here, but changed a couple of things.