Sunday, August 21, 2011

Pesto-Yogurt Chicken

I found this in a random magazine. As I was making it, I was kind of skeptical, but it turned pretty good!



Ingredients-Pesto (makes a little more than you need, but pesto never goes to waste!)

  • 2 cups basil-packed
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1/4 cup pine nuts
  • 2/3 cup oil
  • 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
  • salt and pepper to taste
Mix ingredients in food processor or blender until well blended.
For the rest of the recipe you are only going to need 3/4 a cup of pesto.

Pesto-Yogurt Ingredients (makes 2.25 cups):
  • 3/4 cup pesto
  • 1.5 cups Greek yogurt (I used the Arab Labne)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Just mix the ingredients!
You only need 2 cups for the recipe. So I would suggest making a small amount less. I also didn't add salt and pepper, but I do suggest you add some flavoring. I cooked the chicken according to the recipe and then tried it. It tasted a bit bland so I had to improvise by adding spices and cheese later. It might help to add the spices from the get go.

Finally, the rest of the ingredients:
  • 2.5-3 lbs. chicken
  • salt and pepper
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 1tbsp. olive oil
  • 2 cups pesto-yogurt sauce
  • Parmesan cheese

Directions:
  1. Clean up chicken and cut up into slices like picture above.
  2. Sprinkle salt on a cutting board and cut up the cloves of garlic. This is supposed to make a paste. It didn't work for me. 
  3. Mix oil, pesto-yogurt sauce, salt, and pepper. 
  4. Marinate chicken overnight.
  5. Pre-heat oven to 425F.
  6. Bake for 25 minutes.
  7. Take out, sprinkle with salt and pepper and Parmesan cheese. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese browns.  



No comments:

Post a Comment