Monday, July 23, 2012

Uno Leche Cake

Hello!
Long time no blog! I apologize for the hiatus in posting. I have made plenty of food, but have not taken pictures!

So on Saturday I had a dinner party and my mom asked me to make something. I was at my parents house so I had to make do with what they had. And to my avail they only had boxed cakes! I was going to settle for just making that, when a good friend said I "was no longer the person she used to know." So I had to improvise. Upon the amazing search tool on all-recipes I found a recipe and improvised a bit. Or a lot.

The name comes slightly from the ingredients and a play on tres leches cake.



Ingredients

  • 1 package Devil's food cake (I used gluten-free cake) + required ingredients on package
  • 1 can (14 ounce) of sweetened condensed milk
  • 6 ounces caramel topping
  • 1 (8oz) container whipped topping
  • 1/2 bag of peanut butter chips (or more)


Directions:
  1. Bake cake according to directions on package, except use only half the amount of butter.
  2. When cake is cooked put wholes in the cake using the end of your spatula. Try to not go all the way down. I just made rows of holes.
  3. Pour condensed milk over cake such that it goes through the holes.
  4. Heat up the caramel and do the same.
  5. Allow to slightly cool then add whipped cream.
  6. Sprinkle peanut butter chips on top. ENJOY.



1 comment: