- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt (or sour cream)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cashews chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix the dry ingredients together (flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon) in bowl and set aside.
- Mix sugar, honey, and vegetable oil together in large bowl.
- Add one egg in at time. Make sure to mix well.
- Add in mashed banana.
- Add in yogurt and vanilla.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients.
- Add the batter to the muffin cups such that they are 2/3 full.
- In small bowl mix brown sugar and cashews and sprinkle some on each cup.
- Bake for 23-28 minutes.
You can use various types of nuts! The original recipe called for pecans.
I usually don't like to eat muffins, but these were really good! :-)