This is a very easy recipe to make and it is soo good! I adapted the recipe from here.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup any additional vegetables (butternut squash or so on)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. dried cilantro
- 2 tsps. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin
- Heat up olive oil in pot. Add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add remaining vegetables and cook until soft. Around 5 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin puree.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a simmer and then reduce heat to low. Cook for about 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool and puree on a blender.
- Add sour cream as a garnish if you would like!
I love this soup. It tastes like your normal vegetable soup, and very easy to make!